As we age, wrinkles become more noticeable on our skin. They are a natural indication of aging and can be the result of sun exposure and genetics among other factors. If you are bothered by the appearance of wrinkles, RidgeView Dermatology offers numerous solutions to help you achieve younger-looking skin.
With several locations, RidgeView Dermatology proudly serves the communities in Roanoke Valley, Central, and Southwest, Virginia. Our medical personnel comprises experienced, understanding, and supportive dermatologists. We strive to work towards your individual needs and keep you informed of any and all concerns regarding your health. Contact us today to schedule a consultation appointment at the location nearest you.
What are wrinkles?
Wrinkles can be defined as creases or lines that form in the skin. They are more typically found near the eyes, mouth, and neck.
What causes wrinkles?
- Age is a very common cause of age lines. As we grow older, our skin loses the elasticity and moisture that keeps skin looking youthful, resulting in the definition of wrinkles.
- Sun exposure and UV ray exposure speeds the body’s natural aging by breaking down collagen, resulting in the appearance of early wrinkling
- Smoking changes the blood supply in the body, accelerating the aging process in the skin
- Repeatedly contracting muscles from facial expressions like frowning can cause wrinkles as the skin loses volume with age
Here are some treatment options we offer to fill in wrinkles:
- PRP Therapy uses a patient’s very own plasma to help promote collagen production in the skin for a smoother, healthier look.
- Chemical Peels can cleanse and exfoliate the skin to reveal a younger surface.
- Facials can be a great way to rejuvenate the skin, replenishing signs of aging for a younger aesthetic.
- BOTOXⓇ is one of the most well-known injectables that can help treat fine lines and wrinkles by temporarily slowing down muscle activity.
- Microdermabrasion uses microcrystals to remove dead skin cells without any invasiveness.
- Dermal fillers such as JUVEDERM®, Voluma®, VOLBELLA®, and RADIESSE® can replenish lost volume in the skin as a result of aging.
Wrinkles can be difficult to see on your skin. They can be an unkind reminder of a person’s age and may even make them look older than they actually are. If you are discomforted with how wrinkles are affecting your image, RidgeView Dermatology offers plenty of treatment options to help replenish your youthful skin. Our medical professionals want to help you achieve your aesthetic goals of silkier, healthy-looking skin. Contact us today to schedule a consultation appointment at the location nearest you!