Laser vein treatments are quickly growing in popularity as an effective method of vein removal. These specialized treatments use a focused beam of laser light to damage the inside wall of the vein. The damaged vein becomes scar tissue and collapses causing the vein to close. Once the vein collapses, it is absorbed by the surrounding tissue and eliminated from the body. The blood then naturally flows through the surrounding healthy veins. Patients can also choose simple laser vein treatments that focus the laser on the surface of the skin. This type of treatment is effective for removing spider veins and superficial varicose veins.
The following are 10 reasons to consider laser vein treatments:
1. Laser vein treatments will result in improvement in the appearance of your legs or other parts of the body where there are spider veins. The varicose and spider veins are gone, leaving your skin smooth again.
2. You will finally experience relief from the discomfort, cramps, tightness, and heaviness that often accompany varicose veins in the lower legs.
3. When you have better overall blood circulation, you may feel more energetic as all parts of your body will be receiving oxygenated blood. This can also lead to better overall health.
4. Laser vein treatments have a proven track record of safety. Pair that with the fact that the procedure will be performed by our trained and experienced medical professional, and you can rest assured that you have put your treatment into the right hands.
5. Laser treatments have consistently resulted in exceptionally high success rates since their introduction as a vein treatment option.
6. The varicose or spider veins are removed and will not return. The results from your treatment are permanent.
7. With your varicose veins gone, you will no longer have to wear compression stockings following the first week after treatment.
8. You will be able to go back to normal activities that your venous insufficiency prevented you from doing.
9. Laser treatments are a relatively quick procedure. The smaller the vein, the faster the treatment time.
10. Laser vein treatments mean no trauma, no general anesthesia, and no hospital stay.
Varicose veins may start to develop before they appear on the surface of the skin. If you feel aches and pains in your lower legs or ankles, our specialist can help diagnose your problems and recommend an appropriate treatment. While varicose veins are not harmful at first, they could eventually develop into serious problems that negatively impact your overall health. Varicose veins develop because the veins in the legs work harder to push the blood back to the heart. This overwork is often caused by factors such as obesity, extended periods of sitting or standing, heredity, and hormonal issues.
If it is decided during your consultation that laser vein treatments are right for you, our specialist will walk you through everything involved in the process of your treatment. We will also let you know what to expect and how to prepare.
If you are suffering from venous insufficiency, the laser vein treatments provided at RidgeView Dermatology may be your ticket back to looking and feeling better. With three convenient locations in Lynchburg, Mountain Lake, and Forest, we dedicate every day to providing patients in the area with comprehensive surgical, medical, and cosmetic services. To learn more about our laser vein treatments, schedule your consultation with us today.